Questionable Motifs

“Have you got any soul?" you ask. That depends,I feel like saying;some days yes, some days no.A few days ago I was right out;now I've got loads,too much,more than I can handle.I wish I could spread it a bit more evenly,I can see you wouldn't be interested in my internal stock control problems,so I simply point to where I keep the soul I have,right in the archives, just next to the blues..where you will also find some folk,bluegrass,a wee bit ‘o jazz and of course good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll

August 11, 2006

To the Tune of ...."Make Some Room...(in my CD shelf)"

It's been a good past few days for me, if the album acquisitions listed below is anything to go by.

A review or two can be in store soon...But that's when I get myself hooked onto these trips...Currently I am still riding on the high of pocketing these awesome albums :)

1. Iron and Wine/Calexico - In the Reins (If you notice a pattern, Mr. Sam Beam a.k.a Iron & Wine is topping any list I have been making of late and that's no coincidence! This is his 2005 E.P along with the American band Calexico with an eclectic Southern sound )

2. The Ramones - Greatest Hits (Yeah, yeah, I know...A compilation and all..But hell, this was just the refresher I needed considering I haven't given them a listen in a loooong time)

3. Thom Yorke - The Eraser(The debut solo album of the Radiohead frontman, released recently)

4. Phoenix - It's never been like that ( Imagine my surprise finding these guys on the shelves of Planet-M..Their third and most recent studio album..)

5. Caravan - In the land of grey and pink (Well, what can I say...One of ze best prog albums EVER! I am just ecstactic that this is gracing the racks at my home now :)

(The rest of the stuff are thanks to Narendra...Thanks a heap dude! I owe you and I owe you big!)

6. Pineapple Thief - Variations on a Dream

7. Shadow Gallery
- Carved in Stone
- Legacy
- Room V
- Tyranny

8. Pain of Salvation
- Entropia
- One Hour by the Concrete Lake
- Remedy Lane
- The Perfect Element I

9 Symphony X
- The Damnation Game
- The Divine Wings of Tragedy
- The Odyssey
- Twilight in Olympus
- V - the new mythology suite
- Miscellaneous stuff

10. Fate's Warning - Misc ( I luuuurrvvvveee this band!)

11. Gentle Giant
- Acquiring the Taste
- Octopus

12. King Crimson (Hell yeah!)
- Islands
- Larks Tongues in Aspic
- Starless and Bible Black
- In the Wake of Poseidon
- Three of a Perfect Pair
- Lizard

13. Procol Harum
- Greatest Hits

14. The Moody Blues
- In search of the lost chord
- Long Distance Voyager Album
- Seventh Sojourn Album


15. Prog Stuff - Miscellaneous Singles/Tracks by Spock's Beard, the Flower Kings, Van der Graaf Generator, Pendagron etc)

16. Uriah Heep - Best of

17. Tanita Tikaram - Ancient Heart

18. The best jazz album of the world Parts 1 & 2 (Cheeky Name of a compilation..But some very enjoyable stuff)

I wonder when I will be able to give these...But then again, I do have three full days of the sun (hope, hope, hope ), the sea and the sands awaiting me at Goa!! Ray Alder, Jim Matheos and Co served with prawns and Kings Beer...Sounds like a delicacy to me !!

5 Comments:

At August 11, 2006 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah.. that is quite a haul!
Symphony X is pretty great.. and so is King Crimson!

 
At August 18, 2006 12:32 PM, Blogger K. said...

Yep :) Heaps of stuff to listen to...And they are all brilliant!

 
At August 18, 2006 1:27 PM, Blogger The Soulforged said...

hey...u dont owe me anything...not after all the PTh, Porcupine Tree, Marillion and Spock's Beard u sent me! still trying to wade my way thru the music flood...

 
At August 19, 2006 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at last i got through...so the crimso is in the house...one of my fav bands..and the music never stopped

 
At August 19, 2006 11:17 AM, Blogger K. said...

@ The Soulforged

Well, I have to be nice to you, right? In the light of the fact that your latest hauls include some tasty stuff ;)

@ Shuman..

Welcome, welcome! One word to describe Mr.Fripp...Mmmmmaaaaaadddd! Utterly, totally and impossibly mad! (Okay, that's more than three words :D)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home