Questionable Motifs

“Have you got any soul?" you ask. That depends,I feel like saying;some days yes, some days no.A few days ago I was right out;now I've got loads,too much,more than I can handle.I wish I could spread it a bit more evenly,I can see you wouldn't be interested in my internal stock control problems,so I simply point to where I keep the soul I have,right in the archives, just next to the blues..where you will also find some folk,bluegrass,a wee bit ‘o jazz and of course good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll

May 17, 2006

Feel that jumpin beat....git up on your feet...

Listen everybody let me tell you bout the rock n roll
Feel that rhythm and its really gonna thrill your soul


NP : ELO - Rock 'n' Roll is King

It's not too often that you go through the mid afternoon on a mid week on such a happy note. This track never fails to do that to my mood.I swear, when I hear 'em sing "She says feel that jumpin beat, and git up on your feet", it's as if they are reading my mind and singin' what am thinkin'...

As if..*sigh*...

She rolled over beethoven and she gave tchaikovsky back
She loves that drivin beat, she goes dancin on down the street
She said rock n roll is king


Next Change : Big Star - When My Baby's Beside Me
Next next change : Blue Öyster Cult - This Ain't The Summer Of Love

3 Comments:

At May 17, 2006 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Electric Light Orchestra, now that's a great band.

Have you head Don't Bring Me Down? That's another spiffy track by them.

 
At May 24, 2006 4:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

Spiffy, eh? Interesting choice of word..Yeah, I guess that best describes the ELO tracks...They somehow have the definitive 80's sound so much so that they are one of the first bands that I can think of for that era!

 
At June 02, 2006 2:33 PM, Blogger Arjun Bala said...

Next Change : Big Star - When My Baby's Beside Me

nice name for a song :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home