Questionable Motifs

“Have you got any soul?" you ask. That depends,I feel like saying;some days yes, some days no.A few days ago I was right out;now I've got loads,too much,more than I can handle.I wish I could spread it a bit more evenly,I can see you wouldn't be interested in my internal stock control problems,so I simply point to where I keep the soul I have,right in the archives, just next to the blues..where you will also find some folk,bluegrass,a wee bit ‘o jazz and of course good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll

May 11, 2006

All that Yahooin'....

My Launchcast station has been uncharacteristically nice and friendly to me this morning, judging from the number of times I have used the skip track option. I probably have one of the weirdest amalgamation of artistes and genre performances, but today it seems to have magically turned into a DJ who has some sorta telepathic connection with that demanding audience called my head. The list reads something like this:

Elliott Smith – Angeles - Just when I was thinking whether it was a good eye to put the plugs on at 10.30 in the morning on the official mid week blues day, the familiar sound of Mr. Smith comes emanating.

Damien Rice – Amie - Off to a good start and folksy is the mood of the day, I figure...If that's the sort of the mood, a track out "O" is best gift I can hope for..

Spock's Beard - Long Time Suffering - You would think this would be upsetting the folk-thirsty head, but wait a second, this is the Morse men we are talking about. Out go the acoustic riffs and in comes....well...the so close to heart beardsy stuff...Arguably mr favorite track out of the album 'Snow'....In other words, well worthy of the "can't get enough of" tag :D

Dream Theater - New Millennium - At the core of any prog rock fan's heart is some space created for the earlier albums of the Dream Theater kinds...Sure this space has been crushed to bare minimum, thanks majorly to disaster of follow up albums, but that l'il space in micron metres still announces its presence from time to time...

Queensrÿche - 9:28 A.M. - Now, I would have ideally wanted some another track out of 'Promised Land', but hell, I am thinking - you can't really say no to Queensryche on any given day and time...

Slowdive - Machine Gun - Okay so, I would have normally expected a Black Light Syndrome track to come crashing in and forcing me to make a desperate grab for my mouse to go track skippin' again (I like these guys on prog friendly days, but somehow they are spun a little too frequently on Launch)...Anyway, they surprise me by appeasing my "queensryche is a tough act to follow" thought and appealing to my introspective senses...Slowdive - a band I haven't heard too much of, but have heard just enough to have given a four star rating :D

Blackfield - Summer - After anything out of the shoegazing genre, it will be a disaster to switch to distortion mood...So am thinking a wee bit of distinct eclectic stuff will do me good...And then it is "summer" time...

Porcupine Tree - The Sound Of Muzak - Now that the earlier track has got me thinking about how I haven't heard enough of Steven Wilson, they give me the perfect prescription...

Hear the sound of music
Drifting in the aisles
Elevator prozac
Stretching on for miles


My day's done, I am thinking...But hey there's more...

Enchant - East Of Eden
Thievery Corporation – Interlude
Belle & Sebastian - The Boy With The Arab Strap
My Bloody Valentine - Soon

Now Playing : Faded from the Winter out of the album "The Creek who drank the Cradle" by Iron & Wine

3 Comments:

At May 11, 2006 2:45 PM, Blogger The Soulforged said...

The music of the future
Will not entertain
It's only meant to repress
And neutralise your brain


...and aint that true? Blessed are the souls who can still get their music over a broadcasted medium and I am not talking about Shakira and Gangster OST here...

Alas! Launchcast is blocked at my workplace so its the traditional way of listening music for me...MP3's...yeah...times have changed...haven't they?

Now playing: Rope Ends by Pain of Salvation

Next Up: Fates Warning with Point of View...symbolic?

 
At May 11, 2006 3:12 PM, Blogger Arjun Bala said...

Porcupone tree (Sound of Muzak) - I too have been listening to In Absentia too much of late..this has a awesome time signature that sounds very simple while being extremely complicated to play :)

Queensyrche any of day - amen to that..the Mindcrime cd is my other obsession of late


New Millenium - This one has a riff somewhere in the middle that bore a spooky resemblance to the original riff of 'Jumpstart' so we had to modify the riff. Did you know that?

 
At May 11, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Arjun Bala said...

Porcupine--oops spelling error in previous post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home