Questionable Motifs

“Have you got any soul?" you ask. That depends,I feel like saying;some days yes, some days no.A few days ago I was right out;now I've got loads,too much,more than I can handle.I wish I could spread it a bit more evenly,I can see you wouldn't be interested in my internal stock control problems,so I simply point to where I keep the soul I have,right in the archives, just next to the blues..where you will also find some folk,bluegrass,a wee bit ‘o jazz and of course good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll

September 26, 2007

Three Q's. 10 A's.

Does it take over six months to make another post, you ask? (Okay, actually...No one bothered to ask that..Not even moi!)

Does that mean I have gone from March to September without paying heed to that one element that keeps my life sane?!

Do I deserve to get tagged "Most Likely to Live For Music" a few times over on Facebook, when I haven't bought a record in gawd-knows-how many-months?

Hmm..well..All Good questions!

So, to sum up the last few months, with respect to the music...

1. Grew sort of tired of the Italians long enough to take a tour of all the other genres, before finally settling down to lip-synch Banco's incomprehensible "750,000 Anni Fa... L'Amore" umpteen times over!

2. Put myself through hell in order to get my eyes on an RS link for downloading Porcupine Tree's latest album...Only to give it the cold shoulder and not listen to it more than once! (Don't think it was warranted either...Blame it on a sort of extended PMS)

3. Proclaimed how much I adore Geoff Tate over any other vocalist...Not that anyone needed any sort of reaffirmation from me over that oft-repeated opinion of mine!

4. Heard the news that the imbecilic IT dudes at work wanted to "harden" the laptops at work. Figured correctly they wanted to empty all the .mp3 files. Ran from pillar to post to transfer my 30 GB treasure to a new camouflaged territory.

5. Lost my last.fm application in the process of 'hardening'. Been sulking ever since. Now I need 'administrator' privileges apparently. My friggin' left a**. (Yes, sulking!Not to mention, angry.)

6. The latest albums of Iron and Wine and Devendra Banhart leaked onto my hidden folders, much before their scheduled release.

7. Cruised past Rhythm House on a visit to town. Swore to stop by before my next weekend binge at Leo's. Sadly, the binges have come and gone. But no CDs have come my way.

8. Checked out Neutral Milk Hotel. And Nick Harper - But I still like Harper Sr. much more.

9. Have come to adore the sounds of DeVotchka. If anyone knows any other band of the same/similar genre, puhleez. I am all ears.

10. Continue to feel unsatiated and very uninspired. I need another Illinoise again. Now that's not an invitation restricted to Sufjan alone.

So there! Another six months now?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home