Questionable Motifs

“Have you got any soul?" you ask. That depends,I feel like saying;some days yes, some days no.A few days ago I was right out;now I've got loads,too much,more than I can handle.I wish I could spread it a bit more evenly,I can see you wouldn't be interested in my internal stock control problems,so I simply point to where I keep the soul I have,right in the archives, just next to the blues..where you will also find some folk,bluegrass,a wee bit ‘o jazz and of course good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll

October 11, 2006

My Queensryche Moments

I can't explain this. Call it mind-numbing obsession, call it the habitual mid-week mid-afternoon boredom..Heck, call it Hopolapa Mupundopo, for all I care!

Some of my Favorite/Memorable/Enchanting/Obsessive Queensryche Moments (In no particular order) are:

1. The "Sweet Dreams, You Bastard" bit of ' I remember now' - Aaaahh, the double layer of sugarcoating on "sweet dreams" transpiring into the really spiteful "bastard" bit - Imagine the twist in the tale before it even began fully! Oh yeah, I do like the second "helllllo" and "perhaps you need another shot" bits too

2. Intro to 'Anarchy-X' : And the official musical journey to the one of greatest rock/metal/prog album begins..

3. The orchestral set-up of 'Suite Sister Mary', which begins after Dr.X's order to kill Mary with the drums gently teasing you before Tate begins " I feel the rain coming down.."

4. Jet city woman - the entire song! Seriously, do you know any girl who wouldn't want this track dedicated to her? (Unless it is sung by Weird Al)

5. "The Warning" scream at the beginning of this track!

6. "Go ahead without me.
I'll find my own way
Some people fly...and some of us worry
I'd risk it all to have wings."


Enough Said!

7. The piano accompaniment on "Someone Else(Not Me)"..Makes the song structure and delivery even more divine!

8. The chorus of "The Lady Wore Black" - Damn! What notes is he hitting?!

9. The riffs, that mini guitar solos, awesome drumming and of course the opening scream of "Queen of the Reich"

10. The vocals on "Tell you right now they've got nothing to lose They're building empire!!" and "Tear it all down, we'll put it up again. Another Empire"?! out of "Empire" - Who is doing that? Is that Tate?!

11. The Heavy Metal Umlaut over Y! (A little wannabe-ish maybe, but it sorta completes the picture!)

12. At the end of CD-1 of Operation: Live Crime, after Suite Sister Mary ends - Tate says to the crowd amongst wild cheers " Thank you very much!" Pause. More Cheers. "For those of who are not familiar with Queensryche and our music and probably wondering what the heck is going on" Pause. More Cheers. "This is called Operation Mindcrime".
(I find it endearing and yes, honest! Also - when in doubt, remembered am one Ryche obsessed soul!!)

Special Mention: Take Hold of the Flame
Reasons (In chronological order of appearance during the course of the song)
#1 The way Tate ends with "Cooold" of the opening line - "Too late to save a dream that's growing coold"

#2 The oh-oh bit after "distant signs of unforetold" - the end of second line of the opening verse

#3 THE SCREAM!!!! (after the opening verse)

#4 The chorus with the backings and everything

#5 The note changes on "on the edge" and "stay...make it stay" of the verse following the chorus

(Okay, you got me there! But if you have heard this track, you might, just might, be able to understand why this ryche obsession is so strong. This was the first track of this that I heard. What an impact, huh?!)

Okay, I do have a list of moments about their tracks that make me cringe too. But lets just count them as neglible!

4 Comments:

At October 11, 2006 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*brings out the Queensryche album*

I gotto go thru this post again with the music playing along.

Excelent post ma'am.

Reagrds

Acha_kamath@yourNewBlogFan.com

 
At October 12, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger K. said...

Lol Acha :)

Thanks for singing along!

 
At January 13, 2007 1:04 PM, Blogger akhtheshaq said...

"Go ahead without me.
I'll find my own way
Some people fly...and some of us worry
I'd risk it all to have wings."

It’s funny how the most creative rebels, greatest lovers of chaos somehow still get tied into the regular circle of life. Should we cry or laugh when we see one of those eccentric, brilliant people who want to venture out to all the light and dark corners of the world and probably introduce us lesser infidels to those corners, but before they know they are dragged into a routine life of monetary wealth they could not care less about. Caught in the web of mediocre minds who stagnate their own being. Bosses who lay boundaries, 9 to 5 job where the mind and the body is pushed to a painful extent, crabby cubicles, Day goes on with the soul silenced. The body is drained by the end of the day to the extent that the soul is unable to reach out to those two pages of the book that was inflating its being or that movie that reminded her she had a sense of humor.
‘I need to get out of this,’
‘I need to get out of this.’
It was first a mumble in her head. A soft lullaby silenced again by her so called practical self.
But the soul refused to remain mumble.
‘I have to get out. This isn’t where I wanted to be.
This isn’t who I am.
The witches stirred it and cried out:

'Jumble,mumble,boil and bubble.Make her forget it's all just trouble'

 
At January 22, 2007 2:56 PM, Blogger Abhinav Vinayakh Shankar said...

Time for the next post K !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home